- Editor-in-chief of the Journal of African Earth Sciences
- Fellow of several highly learned professional societies including the Geological Society of London. the Geological Society of America. the Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences and the Tanzania Academy of Sciences.
- Vice President for Commission of the Geological Map of the World (CGMW), 2005-to date.
- Worked as a Visiting Researcher, University of Mainz, Germany in 2000-2009
- Founder and first Executive Director of the International Council for Science (ICSU)- Africa Region. ICSU is a non-governmental organization with a global membership of national scientific bodies (121 members) and international scientific unions (30 members).
- 2009 candidate for the post of Director General for UNESCO.
- 1977: Vice-Chancellor’s Prize, University of Dar es Salaam
- 1979: Gondwana Prize, University of Dar es Salaam
- 2004: Robert Shackleton Award for Outstanding Precambrian Research in Geology of Africa – the flagship award of the Geological Society of Africa. He was the first recipient for this award
- 2006: National Award for Research in Science and Technology (NARST) by the Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology
- 2007: The Honours Award of the Geological Society of South Africa.
- 2011: Ordre des Palmes Académiques (Order of Academic Palms) at Officier (Officer) grade by the French Government
- University of Pretoria, Honorary Professor of Geology since 2006
- Honorary Research Fellow of the Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences (FCAGS)
- Technology and Innovation for Socio-Economic Development: Success Stories from Africa, 175 pp, Pretoria, South Africa (ISBN 978 0 620 45741 5)
- Hot granulite nappes – tectonic styles and thermal evolution of Proterozoic Granulite Belt in East Africa. Tectonophysics 477, Issue 3-4, 160-173.
- The role of knowledge, science, technology and innovation. In: Future of Planet Earth, Seminar Proceedings, Foundation For the Future (FFF)/UNESCO publication, p. 147-153.
- Geology and Mineral Map of Tanzania. Scale: 1:2.000.000 . (BRGM-UDSM-GST team)
- Vestiges of the Mesoproterozoic events in the Neoproterozoic Mozambique Belt: the East African Perspective in the Rodinia puzzle. Gondwana Research Journal, Vol. 6, pp 409–416.
- High-pressure granulite-facies metagabbros in the Ubendian Belt of SW Tanzania: preliminary petrography and P-T estimates. Journal of African Earth Sciences, Vol. 34, pp 279–285.
- Single Zircon Evaporation and SHRIMP ages for granulite facies rocks in the Mozambique belt of Tanzania. Journal of Geology, Vol. 109, pp 171–189.
- Anatomy of the Mozambique belt of eastern and southern Africa: evidence from Tanzania. Gondwana Research Journal, Vol. 2/3, pp 369–375.
- Geological Characteristics of the Suture between West and East Gondwana. Gondwana Research Journal, Vol. 2/4, pp 595–599.
- Pan-African pressure temperature evolution of the Merelani area in the Mozambique belt in northeast Tanzania. Journal of African Earth Sciences, Vol. 29/2 pp 353–365.
From other blog/Websites
Sospeter Muhongo – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Professor Sospeter Muhongo. Prof muhongo pic.jpg · Minister of Energy and Minerals … Prof. Muhongo(seated left) as the Coordinator for establishment of the …
Professor Sospeter M. Muhongo – Subjects – Elsevier
Sospeter Muhongo is a field geologist working on Precambrian terrains. His fields of interest include structural geology, tectonics, petrology,…
Sospeter Muhongo | Facebook
About. Sospeter Muhongo. Professor Dr. Sospeter Muhongo was merged with this page · Government Official. 237 people like this topic. Related Pages …
Hon. Professor Sospeter M. Muhongo – African Mining Indaba
Hon. Professor Sospeter M. Muhongo. Minister of Energy and Mining; Ministry of Energy and Mining. Share This on Your Favourite Social Network. Categories: …
The Crawford Fund | Honourable Professor Sospeter Muhongo
Prof Sospeter Muhongo, a distinguished scholar, is the Minister of Energy and Minerals of the United Republic of Tanzania and a Nominated Member of …
Prof Sospeter M. Muhongo – allAfrica.com: myAfrica – People
Nov 17, 2008 … Prof Muhongo, is the first recipient (2004) of the Robert Shackleton Award for Outstanding Research in the Precambrian Geology of Africa.
Prof. Muhongo Closing Remark at YES-Tanzania Scientific Forum …
Jul 27, 2010 … This was a closing remark by Prof. Sospeter Muhongo at the first Young Earth Scientist Scientific Forum at NSSF Water Front in Dar es Salaam.
Jul 7, 2009 … U N IT ED RE P U B LI C OF T A NZ AN I A Candidate for the post of Director General of UNESCO Visionary Leadership – Excellent …
Minister for energy and minerals, professor sospeter muhongo
May 26, 2013 … When the Minister for Energy and Minerals, Professor Sospeter Muhongo took ‘ the podium’ to wind up his budget debate yesterday, it was a …
PROF SOSPETER MUHONGO
PROF SOSPETER MUHONGO A CANDIDATE FOR THE DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF UNESCO Last month the final list of the 9 candidates for the forthcoming …
Geologist Sospeter Muhongo appointed Tanzania’s minerals …
May 8, 2012 … Geologist Sospeter Muhongo appointed Tanzania’s minerals minister … Until his appointment, Muhongo was a full Professor of Geology at the …
File:Prof. S. Muhongo & Family.jpg – Wikimedia Commons
Jun 9, 2010 … English: From L-R Prof. Sospeter F. Muhongo, Mrs. Bertha Mamuya-Muhongo, Mr . Rukonge S. Muhongo, Mr. Mutaragara C. Muhongo, Mr.